ATLANTIC CITY, NJ (July 2, 2020) – Resorts Casino Hotel officially reopened to the public today, Thursday, July 2nd. Team members were cheered on with a pep rally held on the casino floor just prior to opening and then an official ribbon cutting was held at the boardwalk entrance to welcome back guests. In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, Resorts Casino Hotel has developed a Play Safe, Work Safe operations plan to create a fun, comfortable and safe environment for guests and team members. This plan consists of comprehensive safety and social distancing protocols, some of which include thermal temperature scans for employees, protective mask requirements and limited guest capacity.
“I am excited to announce that we are now open!” said Mark Giannantonio, President & CEO of Resorts Casino Hotel. “It was an incredible feeling to watch the excitement and warmth return to the property. The health and safety of our guests and team members is our top priority and we are ready with our Play Safe, Work Safe operations plan. This plan includes significant capital investment in the best disinfecting and air quality technology to ensure that we can offer a fun, comfortable and safe environment. In addition, we are thrilled to offer multiple outdoor dining and beverage options located on the beautiful beach and boardwalk including LandShark Bar & Grill, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville, Eastwind, Mukashi, and Wet Willies. Guests can also enjoy takeout from a wide variety of options including Gallagher’s Steak House, Soupman, Famiglia Pizza, Dunkin Doughnuts, Ruby’s Dinette, and Häagan Dazs.”
The Play Safe, Work Safe plan has incorporated advanced cleaning, sanitization, and air purification that includes the following:
- Servpro, a professional cleaning company, has disinfected and sanitized the casino complex with their patented electrostatic spraying process.
- AtmosAir’s patented bipolar ionization air purification system, proven to be over 99% effective in neutralizing COVID-19, will be utilized on the entire casino floor, all smoking and non-smoking areas, hotel lobby, and various bars, restaurants and the food court area
- Mobile ultraviolet light technology provided by PurpleSun will be used to clean and disinfect areas including hotel rooms and public restrooms. This technology is also utilized in the nation’s top hospitals
- FreshAir Advanced UV technology has been installed in Resorts Casino Hotel’s air handlers to kill bacteria and viruses
- UV-C sterilization technology provided by Otis Elevator has been installed on all escalators to regularly eliminate bacteria and viruses on handrails
The Play Safe, Work Safe plan also includes a mandatory, extensive training program for Resorts team members to ensure they follow CDC and industry-wide health and safety guidelines upon returning to work. Team members will still be smiling, but under masks and, in many areas, will be serving guests through a plexiglass barrier.
Guests can expect to enjoy first class hotel, dining and gaming experience with some new safety initiatives:
- Protective masks are required for all team members and guests. Resorts Casino Hotel will be able to provide guests with a mask upon entry as well, should they need one
- Health screenings will be administered at all entry points
- Social distancing will be promoted throughout the property including on the gaming floor, where every other slot machine will be available for play and seating at table games will be limited
- Casino and hotel elevators will maintain a maximum occupancy of four people
- Hotel guests can utilize mobile express check-in and checkout
- Hand sanitizer stations and hand wipes will be readily available throughout the property for the convenience of both guests and team members
- Easy to follow signs will help guide guests through the new operating procedures
Regularly updated information on Resorts Casino Hotel Health and Safety measures, dining options, hotel services, current promotions and more are available at resortsac.com/playsafe.
ABOUT RESORTS CASINO HOTEL
The resort that brought gaming to Atlantic City in 1978, Resorts Casino Hotel, a Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment Property, is at the top of its game today, offering world-class casino action in a relaxed environment that keeps the focus on fun. Resorts Casino Hotel made history as the first American casino outside of Nevada and recently celebrated a major milestone – their 40th anniversary in May 2018. Winner of 21 Casino Player Magazine 2018 “Best of Gaming Awards,” Resorts Casino Hotel has undergone $125 million in renovations, including the all new state-of-the-art Resorts Conference Center, a large $25 million room renovation project, and the $35 million Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville – themed entertainment complex with the only beach bar, Landshark Bar and Grill, on the Atlantic City sand open year – round. In 2018, Resorts also welcomed DraftKings Sportsbook at Resorts, an on-property retail space where guests can enjoy live, in-game and general sports betting around the world. Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment assumed management of Resorts Casino Hotel in 2012, a move that has set the stage for its return as the most exciting gaming destination in Atlantic City. Boasting a prime location spanning 21 acres at the northern end of the gamed Atlantic City Boardwalk, the resort features 942 guest rooms and suites in two hotel towers, an 80,000 square-foot casino, two theaters, 10 restaurants, a food court featuring six eateries, two VIP slot and table player lounges, a casino bar, indoor-outdoor swimming pool, health club and spa, salon, and retail shops. Its 64,000 square feet of technologically advanced meeting space includes 24 meeting and function rooms, most featuring natural light and ocean views, and a 13,000 square-foot ballroom. For more information, visit our website or call 1.800.334.6378. Connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram and view us on Youtube.